Diaper Cakes

I LOVE diaper cakes. They are fun to make and can take on all sorts of looks. The ones pictured below are made with regular diapers (newborns and size 1) and with cloth diapers for added decor. The cake toppers can be anything from flowers, bows, blankets, or cloth diapers. I'm also in love with the cake stand in one of the pictures (a friend  made it - beautiful plate, special glue, and a candle stick!).

A few of the cakes have baby bottles on the inside to give it a sturdy support, but it isn't necessary. I also love placing blankets underneath for more decoration. I use white rubber bands (or hair ties) to wrap each diaper. I roll them so that the diaper decor is on the inside and all you see is white. I use a larger rubber band to start stuffing and then wrap ribbon around to fancy it up and cover the rubber band. The tiers are just stacked on top of each other. You can also add in lotions, binkies, socks or other baby needs for color and decoration.

Did I tell you how much I love these!?
 This one was one of my firsts. It is regular diapers with a monogrammed cloth diaper on the side and a onesy up top with a bunny blanket stuffed inside.
 This is my latest creation. It's the one with the cake stand I love (sorry you can't see that really well). There is a two sided blankie on the bottom. The second and third tier are wrapped around with cloth covered burpies. The topper is a burpie along with the middle one with the verse embroidered on it.
This one is my girlie and simple example. All regular diapers with ribbon, tulle and flowers. Simple and delicate for a sweet baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment