Catching up!


It's been a while since I've posted so this will be a listing of a few new projects. I'm back in with embroidery!!! Very excited about my new machine - much smaller than the industrial one, but still does what I need! And I bought a serger!!!! So three machines and my own little space in our new place equals one really happy lady!

I've also joined a really great group of ladies via facebook and my great little town. We called it Sip and Sew and we meet up once a month (roughly) to sew and talk and share (and some of us sip on some mommy juice). I've gotten a lot done this way and I've been inspired and found tons of new resources. I've also had a lot of time on my embroidery machine since I bring it with me and let people personalize their stuff!

Just a few things...
 
 This one was an experiment with the monster truck design - I did it on a scrap piece, but then decided to use and appliqued onto the shirt with a little more embroidery.

 This was a pinterest find...two t-shirts from Walmart and some fabric - great little run-a-round dress for my girly-girl. I have another one to make for her and thinking of one for me...along with a maxi dress waiting to be made.

 Another pinterest/blog idea - the top I used the serger for the edging and then shirring (which is my new love!) for the sleeves and a little up top. The skirt I've actually taken apart and I'm going to adjust - all was without patterns so it was me just playing around.

 We just recently moved which means, curtains-curtains-curtains. My DH likes to live in a dark cave. For these I used 3 different curtains on sale at Khol's and then sliced/diced/sewed!

 I did NOT make these adorable Easter baskets, but I did embroider the names for one of our Sip N' Sew ladies. I love being able to help out moms in my area!

 Another pinterest idea....didn't make the dress (giddyupglamor did) BUT I did attach the lace on the bottom to a slip to lengthen the dress....I made another one with several layers of lace. Love this new idea - I'm getting too old for things to be above the knees! :)

This one was done as a wedding gift set - hand towels with His and Hers (did some for my new house too), washcloths with their initials, linen napkins with their initial, and kitchen towels with Chef - name. Unique and fun gift - the registered for the towels - I just love personalizing things!

 These were my first experiment in shorts for my son. The pattern I used was a little bigger than I thought so my pockets were a little off in the end, but he's a boy so he doesn't care! I'm going to make some with football fabric so I think I'll make football shaped pockets instead of the large cargo pockets.

No sewing here, but was a fun weekend project! A little bit of Hobby Lobby items (coupon!!!), wine corks I have in plenty and some modge podge and hot glue! Even had someone stop by for something and ask me to make her one! Super fun and easy!

Hopefully I'll get more on my to-do list done soon so there'll be more to share!

2 comments:

  1. Texas history and with their blessing Kaufman worked to place Gruene on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975 as an entire district. The developers further agreed to let Kaufman find new owners interested in the old buildings for new commercial ventures which would provide a core for their new housing development .




    Custom Embroidery Digitizing

    ReplyDelete
  2. The third biggest fashion business in america is VF Corporation. The fashion business is an ecosystem, and with us, all pieces are made equal. It is very competitive. To learn more about vegan fashion collection, visit on hyperlinked site.

    ReplyDelete